Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bible in 90 Days

I have tried (twice) to read through the entire Bible, using the One Year schedule.  Neither time did I complete it.  I did stick with it, both times, at least 90 days.

When I first heard about this schedule to read the Bible through in only 90 days I was quite skeptical, but now I'm excited.  Partly because now that summer is here (today was our last day of homeschool), I feel like I have extra hours in my day, I want to use that time productively.  And partly because I really feel the need to read through the entire Bible.  I know some don't.  I don't think it's important for everyone, but for myself, it is a goal.

Starting June 1st, Biblegateway will post the daily readings.  I found the schedule here, at Biblein90days.com, so I am actually going to start tomorrow.  That will give me a couple more days grace and I also need to be done a little early, since school will be in full force by the middle of August.  The schedule is for the New International Version (NIV), but I'll just read the same passages in my New King James Version (NKJV).  I'm not sure how long it will take to read each day's portion.  I may consider breaking it up into two to three portions each day.

To get the schedule for yourself, click here and then scroll down and find the Family Resources box.  The schedule is the last .PDF file, titled Bible in 90 Days Adult.

If you are also taking this challenge, I would like to hear from you.  I will post updates along the way and let everyone know how it's going for me.

No comments: