Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Times We Live In

Proof that we need to be studying our Bibles -

When I say "study", I mean more than just devotional reading. This is more than just reading your favorite passages, the passages that make you feel good, Psalms, Proverbs, the Gospels. We need more study. Don't know where to begin? Click here.

It seems in our world we live in today, we need to start detailing our faith for people, to set ourselves apart. I was astounded when I read this article - Tulsa Couple Makes Pilgrimage to Mecca - astounded that if you didn't know better, you would think that these people worship the same God I do. There is mention of God throughout the article. There is mention of Adam and Eve, Abraham and Ishmael, and Mohammed, considered a prophet. But what God are they referring to? So when I said we need to detail our faith, I mean, perhaps we need to state which God, specifically, we worship. Is the god of Islam and the God of the Bible the same? Yet another reason to study your Bible.

No comments: