Saturday, July 9, 2011

Book Review: Love At Last Sight


Love At Last Sight by Kerry and Chris Shook sets out to tell you that everything you've been taught about relationships is wrong.  This is so true.  The world tells us that we'll just "fall" head over heels with someone, and if it's Mr. or Mrs. Right, we won't have any problems, life will be a fairy tale.

But the Bible says...

"The wisdom of this world is foolishness with God."  --I Corinthians 3:19

and

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord.  "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts."  --Isaiah 55:8-9
I really like how the authors point out repeatedly throughout the book that what the world keeps telling us won't work.  If we think like the world thinks, our relationships will end in ruin.  This is what Romans 12:2 is all about.

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."
I like that this book was so easy to read.  It is broken down into 30 daily readings, which are not long.  And don't make the mistake I did, thinking it's just about marriage.  This book is for all types of relationships.

The devil wants to destroy our relationships because it will destroy our witness, to others and especially to our kids.  If you need help in your relationship, don't wait, get help.  This book may be just what you need.

I was given this book to review by Water Brook Multnomah.

1 comment:

Justine said...

The same thing is true about education. :)