Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Book of Romans

I am now studying the Book of Romans and listening to a commentary by Dr. Chuck Missler.


Here are some of my notes from today (these are random thoughts, they may or may not tie together):

Remember the story of the prodigal son?  Did the father say, "My son has become good!"?  No, he says, "This is my son who WAS dead, and is alive again; he was lost and now is found."  The point is not that the son was reformed, but that he never lost his sonship.  Christ did not come to make bad men, good, but to give dead men life!

Faith will yield obedience, but obedience does not yield faith.  (This is interesting to me and ties in with my study here.  Are our works of God or self?)

Grace is a tough concept for us to wrap our brains around.  Grace is what God ha done, and He has done it entirely of His own initiative--we can't add anything to it, yet at the same time, as a result of that, we are called to obedience.  It's strange how many people will receive Jesus as their Savior, without recognizing the obligation of receiving Him as their Lord.  You and I are sold out 100% to a King!  It's the Lordship of Christ that is so often overlooked in our Christian walk.  (More on this in the next post.)

Good stuff!

No comments: