Friday, November 5, 2010

Transformation

Swallowtail Caterpillar on Fennel in my garden.
Adult Swallowtail on Basil, in my garden, right after we released it.

My children and I like to bring Swallowtail Caterpillars in from the garden, so that we can watch them make a chrysalis and transform into a butterfly. It never ceases to amaze me, even after watching so many times.

One thing I have noticed is that they are voracious eaters! I'm not even sure they sleep. They just eat and eat and eat! I guess they need a lot of energy to transform.

Philippians 1:6 says that God began a good work in you, and it will not be complete until the day of Christ's return. God wants to transform you. This is one of the reason's He sent His Son.

Would you like more peace, more joy, more freedom from bondage, sickness, depression, fears, anxieties, strongholds? Do you sometimes wish you were a different person? That is what God's Word will do for you. When we eat it, it changes us. John 6:35 says that Jesus is the bread of life. Whoever eats of it will never hunger. John 1:1-14 tells us that Jesus is the Word made flesh. So if we are to eat of the bread of life, we are to ingest the Word of God.

If we want transformation, we need to be like that caterpillar, and eat and eat and eat.

The Bible doesn't use a picture of a butterfly, but it does speak of being like a baby. I Peter 2:2, "Desire the pure milk of the Word, that you may grow thereby." Babies eat almost as much as caterpillars do! They eat all the time!

How often are you eating God's Word? How you change, transform, and grow will be in direct proportion to how much and how often you eat.

No comments: