Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What I Study

I realize that this blog has become a bit more of "What I Preach" than "What I Study." So I thought I would draw back the curtain and show you what I am studying.

I looked up all the verses in the Bible that mention the word race. I wrote the verses down on index cards that spoke to me, and put them on my bathroom mirror. I wanted to meditate on them (see Joshua 1:8 and Ps. 1:1-3) and let them sink in further. That was very fruitful. It seems, for me, that when I do that, is when some of the best revelation comes.

With those being the theme verses, every day in my study time, I look up related topics. One day it is obedience, another day rewards, then blessings, crowns, fruit, fear of the Lord, outer darkness (this one may seem strange, but it is related), judgment Seat of Christ, abide, and overcome--so far! Wow! I didn't even realize how many topics I had come up with until I made this list.

This is after meditating on the topic of Spirit, Soul, and Body for at least the last year. The two topics are intertwined (that of our race, and that of our three-part being). I am studying to find the balance between God's grace and His justice. This idea was brought up to me a couple years ago, when I read The Kingdom, Power, and Glory by Chuck and Nancy Missler. I can say that this study has been exciting to me and a lot of things are making sense now. Our behavior here on earth does matter. Salvation is not an end, but a beginning. I will be writing a series of posts on this topic after Christmas.

So, I ask you, "How is your race going? What has God saved you from? And what did He save you for?"

No comments: