Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Prophecy 15

The Messiah would be smitten and spit upon.


Prophecy -

Isaiah 50:6
I gave My back to those who struck Me,
And My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard;
I did not hide My face from shame and spitting.

Micah 5:1
Now gather yourself in troops,
O daughter of troops;
He has laid siege against us;
They will strike the judge of Israel with a rod on the cheek.



Fulfillment -

Matthew 26:67

Then they spat in His face and beat Him; and others struck Him with the palms of their hands.


As with yesterday's post, you can read a full account of the beating Jesus endured in Matthew 26:57 - 27:56, Mark 14:53 - 15:41, Luke 22:63 - 23:49, and John 18:19 - 19:37.



This is a continuation of our Christmas Prophecy series. Here is a list of previous entries:
Christmas Prophecy 1
Christmas Prophecy 2
Christmas Prophecy 3
Christmas Prophecy 4

No comments: